Bats can bring Bed Bugs
It’s true. Bats can bring bed bugs into your home. It’s not the most common way to get a bed bugs infestation, but does happen.
One customer writes, “We have discovered bed bugs in our bed.
. I have been bitten for 3yrs. All the docters said I had eczema. I saw a bugs in our bed and looked it up. I am horrified. We live in the Mountains the ceiling in our home is slatted pine planks. We are currently have a Bat problem as well can they be coming from them. Our home is a very open floor plan what do you suggest please help.”
Specific species of bed bugs
There is actually several specific species of bed bugs that feed primarily on bats. The Cimex hemipterus infests poultry and bats while the Leptocimex boutei feeds on bats and humans. The cimex pilosellus and the cimex popostrella prefer to feed solely on bats if possible.
Other Resources on bed bugs – Get the Facts:
- Bed Bugs Information
- Bed Bugs – Wiki
- Bed Bugs Facts
- A Product for bed bug Killer
- Know what bed bugs Do
Bed Bugs at home
Bats can make several entrances into your home. The most common way is through the fire place. They will nest their quite often, especially if you do not use the fire place often. If these species of bed bugs hitch a ride into your home via a bat, they will not hesitate to feed on you and your family if they are hungry and left behind without a bat host.
Bed Bugs are sometimes thought to occur only in poor and unsanitary conditions.
- Bed bugs can be found and can be found even in very clean environments.
- Bed bugs ( Cimex spp.) feed on the blood of animals including people and pets.
- Bed bugs can survive more than a year without feeding, but most adults and nymphs probably do not live more than six months without a meal.
- Bed bugs that climb into the dish are unable to climb its slippery inner surface (which is coated with talcum powder).
- Bed bugs are said to smell like sweet, rotten raspberries, and it’s also said that an infested room smells like almonds; I can’t summon up that particular odor mix, but perhaps you’ll catch the smell of an old granola bar if you flatten a scuttler and know that, yep, it was a bed bug.
Factoids on This Topic
- Travel Safe Eradicator bed bug Spray effectively controls bed bugs and other insects.
- Dead bed bug Spray is effective for eliminating bed bugs .
- Having said the above, there is no reason to panic.
- The Medium Infestation bed bug Killer Kit combines our most powerful individual products to ensure rapid results in controlling your bed bug infestation.
- When looking at your lesions and you notice a linear or clustered group of bites, be assured that this is the work of abed bug as this is one of the most common bed bug symptoms.
- Bed bug bites are somewhat similar to mosquito bites, although bed bug bites are generally itchier and take longer to heal.
- The advantage which using steam has over chemicals is that it will kill eggs which many chemicals cannot permeate allowing them to go on to hatch.
- Our nationally certified teams search rigorously for the presence of live bed bugs and viable bed bug eggs in residential and commercial settings.
- Bed bug bites can cause adverse reactions in humans, including rashes, lesions, dermatitis, allergies, and psychological distress.
- In fact, most people had never seen or experienced any type of bug infestations.
- Treating nearly any kind of bug infestation can be time consuming and expensive and that is why it is important that you identify bed bug symptoms accurately before implementing a treatment plan.
- Their flat bodies and small size enable them to wedge themselves between the seams of fabric, wood, plastic and metal.
- Cooperation by staff and tenants to recommendations made by PCO, owners and operators, or health inspector to abate the bed bug infestation.