Post-Bed Bug Treatment Recommendations (BBTV #53)
In this episode Jeff will discuss what people should and shouldn’t do after a bed bug treatment has been performed in their home.
. Viewers have submitted several questions that have asked what they can and cannot do after a bed bug treatment has been performed so that they can avoid deactivating any pesticides that have been applied. The truth of the matter is that is a question that is best answered by the pest control company who performed the treatment. Without knowing what the company applied and where they applied those pesticides, it is impossible for anybody to comment on what you should do other than the pest control company who performed the work. If you have bagged and laundered clothing you can either choose to live out of those bags until the bugs have been declared eliminated or unload those bags and put the clothes back if evidence was not noted in the closets or dressers. Please be aware that if you choose to unload those bags that if the closet or dresser is found to have evidence, you may have to launder the clothes again. That being said, bed bugs are not typically found on the clothes in closets and dressers so typically you can put the clothes back after they are laundered. But please remember, before you do anything you should always contact the company who performed the treatment.
Video Rating: 0 / 5
Quick demonstration of a bed bug treatment using a heat box to enclose infested furniture on site. A heat box treats bed bugs (Cimex lectularius) without chemicals. Produced by UF/IFAS Entomology and Nematology Department. Post-Bed Bug Treatment Recommendations.
Did You Know?
- One of the best methods of protection against bed bug infestation is mattress encasement’s.
- There are home remedies for bed bugs, but many of them are not very effective if you don’t first undertand that you must clear and clean the room first paying special attention to your mattress.
- Symptoms of bed bug bites varywidely among individuals.
- Having to rely on others to solve a bed bug infestation, can cause worry the treatments aren’t working.
- An individual will also have to check the cushion, couches, chairs and dog bedding for signs of bed bug infestation.
- Behold, thebest in protection and relief from Bed Bug Bites and Skin Irritations.
- The initial bed bug bite treatment is to not scratch and clean to prevent the spread of bed bug bite rashes.
- Scrub hard enough to dislodge bed bug eggs but not so hard that the cloth begins to discolor.