Necessary Steps For Getting Rid Of Bed Bug
Bed Bug Problems
Since the early days of ancient Greece, the medieval times of Europe and the modern age of today getting rid of bed bug has been a problem for human society. In the 1940′s and 1950′s the United States waged an all out war against insects by attacking them with the frequent use of the lethal pesticides DDT. Though the pesticide was effective in practically eliminating these blood sucking bed bug pests, it was banned in later decades because it proved damaging to the natural environment and was endangering the survival of various animal species.
With the banning of DDT there was no effective treatment available for dealing with the bed bug and as time passed by we’ve seen a resurgence in bed bug population numbers as well as an expansion of the territories they now infest. The situation is so bad that you can find them not only in your home but in many business as well. This growing infestation is fast becoming a serious problem in many urban areas with New York City being a prime example, as the bed bug capital in America.
The perfect habitat for bed bug are areas in which the climate is warm and dry. Since man is capable of providing just those sorts of conditions within the structures we build this tends to explain why they are now so broad range.
Additional Resources on bed bugs:
- Bed Bugs – Wiki
- Know what bed bugs Do
- General Information of bed bugs
- Best Products for bed bugs
- Description and Biology of bed bugs
What a bed bug Eats
A bed bug gets its nourishment by feeding on the blood of you and your pets. A bed bug tends to feed when you are fast asleep still and their bite is similar to that of other insect causing irritation, swelling and redness of the skin. Unlike of insects though bed bug pests are not carriers of diseases that can be transmitted to humans or their pets. The only time a persons life can be put in jeopardy from a bed bug bite is if a person has a severe allergic reaction that can lead to Anaphylactic Shock!
Since bed bug pests have a narrow tolerable temperature survival range they can be killed effectively killed with cold and hot temperatures. Some pest control professional use such methods in place of pesticides or where pesticides can not be used to get rid of bed bug infestations.
Some Informational Facts on bed bugs
- Unproven encasements may provide a false sense of security and can actually protect or promote the survival of the bed bugs.
- We have worked very closely with Protect-A-Bed of Chicago setting out to design the first effective encasement for bed bugs.
- Regularly inspecting and vacuuming your mattress and box spring is a very effective way to reduce large numbers of bed bugs quickly.
- Double-bag and discard the vacuum bags in an outdoors dumpster immediately to avoid reintroducing or spreading any bed bugs caught in the vacuum.
- A well informed client, working with a trained pest management professional, provide an effective team in combating bed bugs.
What You Can You Do To Get Rid Of bed bug Pests
First minimize as much clutter as you can to be able to quickly find those blood sucking bed bug. Once you have found them utilize a vacuum cleaner to clean blankets, cloth items, stuffed toys, garments, jackets… Wash these in about 160 degrees Fahrenheit hot water to wipe out any bed bug the vacuum cleaner could not get and to also kill any bed bug eggs or hatchlings to tiny to see that may be on your clothing.
Next separate you mattress and box spring, take apart your bed frame to reveal all crevices that the bed bug could be using as a hiding place. Vacuum and thoroughly clean these areas with a product such as Eco Living Friendly or All-Stop-Contact-Killing-Spray which are Non Toxic Eco Friendly bed bug Killers.
Unlike pesticides these bed bug treatment products are 100% Eco-friendly and safe to work with around children and pets, hospitals, hotels, your work place and of course you home or flat. They are specially formulated using natural components to kill bed bug and come premixed for you to use it promptly. Additionally they are also effective in dealing with scabies, mites, lice, fleas and other insect difficulties.
Now turn your focus to your mattress and box spring; examine each item for any tears or holes as these make entry ways for bed bug to live and breed. If bed bug pests are found to be hiding in your mattress and or box spring what normally would be done is to use a regulated bed bug pesticide to destroy them. As there are constraints on using bed bug pesticide a better solution would be to use a bed bug Mattress Cover and a Box Spring Cover which will totally seal your mattress and box spring. You may also spray these items with the natural products discussed above and when dry seal each with a suitable cover.
Turning your attention to the pieces of furniture, remove the draws from your desk, night stand and dresser; inspect the furniture inside and out and thoroughly clean all likely areas where the bed bug may very well hide again with an Eco Friendly 100% Natural bed bug Killer.
Since bed bug prefer to live in cracks and crevices you need to seal the holes in your residence which provide entry or allow bed bug to reside within these gaps. Use caulking to close off cracks in walls, baseboards, areas around windows and pipes that may allow bed bug access into your home; please remember to check moldings as these tight regions make perfect nesting sites for bed bug.
Additionally, you will have to seal the exterior of your home, it’s also critical for you to get rid of any bird or bat nest and get rid of rodents that make use of your home as their home, since these kinds of small animals can serve as host for bed bug and in time bed bug re-infestation will take place.
When this is done then you will have to clean each bed bug infested area of your home with a hard bristle brush to dislodge any eggs which may be attached to surfaces. Vacuum everything carefully and get rid of the vacuum cleaner bag in a sealed plastic bag to avoid contaminating some other area or anyone else for that matter with any living bed bug.
Kill bed bugs with a bed bug Starter Kit today. Tested and proven effective on bed bugs, our do-it-yourself bed bug Treatment STARTER Kit is a great quick response to infestation in a single room or small area. Take action now with this easy-to-use, affordable solution and stop any bed bug infestation in its tracks!
Educational Information About bed bugs
If you clean with the Eco-friendly cleaners already stated you may be able to skip this scrubbing phase as these kinds of non toxic sprays will even kill bed bug eggs.
Factoids on This Topic
- A CDC report connected at least one death and 111 illnesses to improper use of insecticides to treat a bed bug infestation.
- Customers who want to guarantee the complete eradication of a bed bug infestation without risking the health of pets, children, or family members due to pesticide exposure should consider heat treatments.
- In response, many areas have specific laws about responsibilities upon discovering a bed bug infestation, particularly in hotels and multi-family housing units, because an unprofessional level of response can have the effect of prolonging the invisible part of the infestation and spreading it to nearby units.
- A wide variety of people and their reactions to the bed bug bites are shown in the pictures, to give you an idea of the range of reactions possible.
- Today, you can get rid of your bed bug infestation by simply doing your research on the internet. There is no need to incur costly fees with a professional exterminator; most don’t know anything about bed bugs.
- Our bed bug spray is a natural bed bug killer and it is safe for children and pets.
- Bed bug eggs (Dishes A-F) exposed to the heat treatment did not emerge at the two week observation period.
- Most people say that their bed bug bites itch for no longer than two to four days.
- Treatment of the bed bug bites consists of treating the itching and inflammation associated with the bites.
- You could visit your doctor however because bed bug bites are essentially an allergic reaction and have no distinctive appearance of their own they are quite often misdiagnosed as other skin problems.
- The more bugs present, the more bites they inflict, and the worse the problems usually become (tending to be progressive as the bug numbers increase – usually rapidly).
- Download Body Lice templates and make your PPT attractive.The Flame Girl ppt template is just amazing.Other than this we have exclusive PowerPoint templates with a fabulous PowerPoint slides for Body Lice presentations.Each Flame Girl ppt template is designed by professionals and every PowerPoint template is attractive.With the help of this Body Lice template you can make a good PowerPoint sli …