No! A person is not allergic to bed bugs themselves but rather to the bed bug bite. Your body can become allergic to their saliva that is injected into your skin during feeding.
There are some people who are very allergic to the bed bug bite and they could experience anaphylaxis. This is a highly allergic and itchy reaction that can lead to anaphylactic shock. This is very similar to a bee sting for certain individuals.
When a person has been bitten by Bed bugs, most people assume that they are experiencing some type of an allergic reaction to something they ate. The reaction is usually cased by an irritant effect to the insect bite or bed bug bite, and it is not an allergy. While most people are not allergic to bedbugs, there are rare reports of anaphylaxis occurring as a result of bedbug bites.
To set the record straight, people are not allergic to the bed bug itself, but rather to their bite. The bed bug inserts its feeding tube into your skin while you lay sleeping, and the bed bugs saliva is enough to cause your skin to have an allergic reaction similar to a mosquito bite.
Bed bug Bites appear as itchy bumps on the skin that is uncovered while a person is sleeping. The rash or bites may be grouped in a line, which is caused from the bed bug biting a person. Note that a bed bug does not crawl on you; it only bites the exposed skin that is not covered. This is a typical pattern of the insect feeding. Bumps tend to be redder in the morning and fade later in the day.
If you have bed bug bites that itch really bad, you can treat them with a topical anti—itch cream with a cortisone cream. Apply an antiseptic ointment to any place where there are breaks in the skin to prevent infections from your scratching. If you experience any severe reactions, you seek your physician. You may need to take antihistamines.
This usually happens after repeated exposure. Our All Stop Healing and Protection Spray or the All Stop Bed bug Bite pack can help with the allergic reactions from the bed bug bites.