What are bed bugs?
Bed bugs are small reddish brown parasitic insects that feed exclusively on the blood of humans and other warm-blooded creatures. They are very small, only 5-7 mm long and with a flat body. They are a menace in places where there are many people, such as in hotels. People must learn more about these insects, as these can be potentially very harmful to human beings. bed bug bites can cause mild to moderate allergic reactions like itching and hives.
The problem of bed bugs has existed for centuries. These parasites are known by many different names such as redcoat, heavy dragoon, and mahogany flat. The world thought that it had totally eradicated them in the last 50 years with the extensive use of pesticides but the bugs have recently come back in big numbers because of the increase in international travel. They are also tougher to kill because they can now resist the old pesticides.
Infestation of bed bugs
The first signs of a bed bug infestation are actual bites from lying in bed. Some more warning signals are fecal and blood stains on the bed sheet, crushed bed bug corpses, and cast skin. Persons who think that they have a bed bug infestation should consult and employ an expert pest control service to thoroughly inspect the house and plan a way to eradicate the bugs.
When bugs are found to be present, a number of measures can be taken to eradicate the infestation. They can be physically removed through vacuuming. A high efficiency particulate air filtered vacuum should remove almost all bugs and their allergens.
They can also be removed by sticking tape onto them or brushing them into a container of alcohol. Excluding and then sealing off openings to their harbor sites also helps by keeping bugs isolated where they will eventually just die.
Applying extreme heat or cold on bugs is also effective because bugs die at extreme temperatures. Steam cleaners typically generate over 45 degree Celsius heat and this is enough to kill bugs that come into contact. A drawback of this method is that steam cleaners can only cover a small area. Mattresses also are hard to disinfect with this method because they tend to absorb the heat before it can get to the bugs. Commercial efforts are also underway to develop rapid freezing sprays.
Pesticides are far less effective than they were fifty years ago, when they nearly killed off the bed bug population at the time. Present bugs are nearly immune to those older pesticides. To kill off the bugs of today, a properly formulated residual chemical insecticide must be applied on all possible surfaces that bugs may crawl and reside in.
There are many other ways to deal with bed bug infestations. Since a multi-pronged approach is usually the best one to take, a pest control service really must be employed to determine the right mix of methods to be used. For prevention, individuals should look into buying or making a plastic cover for their mattresses.
Other Resources on bed bugs – Get the Facts:
- Facts About bed bugs
- Bed Bugs Facts
- FAQ List for bed bugs
- History of bed bugs
- Best Products for bed bugs
Dead bed bugs Master Bedroom Kit
The Dead bed bugs Master Bedroom Kit is a complete bed bugs treatment for one room of your house.
- (1) 32 oz Dead bed bugs Contact Killing Spray
- (1) 7 oz Safer bed bug, Ant & Crawling Insect Killer DE
- (1) Paravinyl Mattress Encasement (Queen unless otherwise specified)
- (1) Professional Steam Cleaner
Non-Toxic Solution to bed bugs
- Save money by not having to buy new furniture or rent a hotel room during treatment
- Dont pay money for doctor visits because your family is sick from the fumes of extermination
- So safe, your family can sleep in their beds right after treatment
- Do your part to help the environment by using a non-toxic solution
- You can rest peacefully knowing you are not harming the ones you love
- The products are even safe to use around children and pets
- Kills bed bugs without leaving horrible smells and toxic chemicals around your home
- Finally get some sleep and return to your normal life without bed bugs.
Did You Know?
- Female bed bugs lay eggs in batches of 10-50 eggs, and can lay up to 500 eggs in a lifetime.
- According to a survey by the National Pest Management Association and the University of Kentucky, 95% of PMPs said they responded to a bed bug infestation in the past year.
- On top of that, our bed bug Bite treatment pack will also help to relieve the itchy bites on your skin.
- Allergies to bed bug bites are commonly treated with corticosteroids like an over-the-counter cortisone cream, and oral antihistamines.
- Latest warning about bed bug symptoms and the effects of bites.
- Bed bug bites are a sure sign of an infestation.
- In some cases, they might be bed bug bites, but you could have received them someplace else.
- Some states have seen a 40% increase in bed bug infestation since 2010 because they are becoming resistant to common insecticides.
- Bed bug symptoms , like strange aromas, are commonly reported with these insect bites.
- Removal of a bed bug infestation is difficult and should be performed with the help of a professional pest control company that has an understanding of approved insecticides and the proper equipment.
- Normally, no treatment is required to treat bed bug bites.
- Feeling dependent on others to solve a bed bug infestation means putting trust in strangers to solve what may seem like an insurmountable problem.