Are you struggling to control pests? Do you fear they’ll overrun your home? Do you want to find expert help, but don’t know where to look? Have no fear, this article is here! Chock full of great advice, this article will prime you to get those pests out of here.
If you have a humid home, deal with the problem quickly. Many pests like to eat wet wood, drywall or even the mold which grows there, and this can lead to major health problems. Have your humidity problems dealt with professional to ensure your home is safe to live in. [youtube N6LyxvNwKYE]
Ticks of any kind are not only a nuisance, but their bite can be very painful with serious consequences. They also carry and spread several diseases such as Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Lymes Disease. Use an insect repellent that includes DEET, if you are going in to in an area of tall grass or a woody area.
If ants are giving you a problem, go to your spice rack. Chili powder dry peppermint sprinkled at ant entry points will stop them from coming through that entrance. Apply liberally and the ants will not want to cross over. Be sure to watch for them to try to find a new entrance though.
Get rid of silverfish in your home by using aromatic spices. Spices such as clove, bay leaves or sage are often able to ward off silverfish. Sew these spices into small sachets. Display them in areas where your home is most likely susceptible to silverfish. Such areas include your bathroom, damp areas of your kitchen or behind the washer and dryer.
Fumigate your home on a regular basis if you have had a pest problem more than one time. Some pests are so populated in an area that it can be next to impossible to keep them out of your home. However, if you take preventative measures, you are more likely to succeed.
If you live in a home that has pests in it, make sure that you call and exterminator before you move to a new home. Many people fail to do this and they end up carrying bugs with them to their new places. This means you will have the same issue all over again in a new place.
When trying to avoid having pests in your house, realize that your yard is just as important to upkeep. Don’t let trash sit around outside and make sure that there’s no puddles or stagnant water collecting anywhere. Furthermore, keep your grass trimmed and the weeds to a minimal. You don’t want your yard to be a pest playhouse.
Wood damaged by the house longhorn beetle will most likely need to be replaced as the first step to eradication. If the damage is minimal and the holes old, you may be able to treat it with insecticide and be done with it. If the damage is extensive or the bugs still there, it’s best to destroy the wood.
Ask your exterminator what the risks of using their pesticides are. Everything comes with some level of risk, and some chemicals can be very dangerous for children or pets. If your exterminator is unsure you should find out before you let them proceed. It is definitely better to be safe than sorry.
One of the biggest sources of pests entering your home is the type of mulch you use on the outside garden beds. If you are using wood chips, termites are attracted to this and will get inside your home from it being in close proximity. Use rocks and stone in your garden instead to eliminate this problem.
Baking soda and powdered sugar will keep cockroaches away. If you want to protect some areas form these bugs, mix some baking soda and sugar and sprinkle this mixture. Boric acid is also an efficient way to repel cockroaches, but you should not use boric acid if you have pets.
Check all of your exterior doors thoroughly. You have to make sure that no daylight is shining through the bottom of them all. Some doors to pay special attention to are your front door and your exterior garage door. If you see daylight, try adjusting the height of their thresholds and possibly adding some weather striping to them.
Pests love a cluttered house! The more stuff you have laying around on the floor or shoved into cupboards, the more places they have to hide and thrive. In order to eliminate this, a good idea is to go through your entire place a couple of times a year and getting rid of things you no longer need or use. The less things you have, the less things they have to hide in and under.
Don’t wait for a pest control problem to become an infestation; call a professional or take action on your own immediately. You might think that just because you’ve only seen one or two or that you don’t see them often there isn’t a big problem. Do something fast or you can expect big problems later.
Check to see if your refrigerator or pantry has any food items that are expiring soon or stale already. If you have food that is stale, it may attract not only bugs but maggots and flies as well. This is a messy problem that you will want to avoid at all costs.
Whether you hire a professional or tackle your pest problem, there are things you can do right away. Make sure you are proactive about this problem, and you will be able to avoid worse annoyances. Use the tips laid out here to really help you get rid of these creatures.
Press here for further details
Facts and Details
- IF you reacted to bed bug bites before, then if you go a month without any, you probably are bed bug free.
- This bed bug spray consists of the active ingredient benzalkonium chloride which is a mild chemical, and crushed fossil shell dust.
- And be sure to read my “Essential Oil bed bug Spray Recipe” to address the adult bed bugs.
- Bed bug bites often look like little red bumps, pimples or even blisters and welts.
- Bed bug bites can be identify from spider and mosquito bites, and even allergy.
- Inspect your entire house the moment bed bug symptoms are detected.
- In special cases, bed bug bites may lead to prominent blisters.
- If you want to treat an active infestation or prevent a bed bug infestation from happening, then your first line of defense is using a bed bug mattress cover.
- Groups of 10 bed bug eggs from the NY-1 strain were sprayed directly with Precor at the labeled concentration (1x), or two times the label concentration (2x) for fleas; Gentrol at two times (2x) the labeled concentration for bed bugs (simulating two applications as mentioned on the label), three times (3x) the recommended concentration for bed bugs; or water alone.
- The first indication of a bed bug infestation is bed bug bites which can be inflicted on any part of the body, such as the neck, arms, face and hands that have been exposed during the night while sleeping.
- Safer Brand ant and crawling insect killer’s organic pest control formula is ideal for killing ants, earwigs, cockroaches, silverfish, crickets, fleas, millipedes, and centipedes. It utilizes diatomaceous earth and a bait formula that kills insects by ingestions and/or dehydration within 48 hours. Works indoors and outdoors when kept dry. …
- Sleep Tight, Don’t Let The Bedbugs Bite (green & white) Art Print is digitally printed on archival photographic paper resulting in vivid, pure color and exceptional detail that is suitable for any museum or gallery display. Finding that perfect piece to match your interest and style is easy and within your budget! …